The health and safety of our patients, visitors and caregivers is very important to us. With the recent surge in COVID-19 cases, effective Jan. 7, 2022, anyone intending to visit our hospitals must show proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test taken within the last 48 hours, or an antigen test taken within the last 24 hours. Anyone over the age of two that is not eligible for a vaccine would also require a negative test. Thank you in advance for your compliance with this important policy.
We understand the importance of patients having access to their loved ones while receiving care at Providence hospitals.
If you need assistance locating a COVID-19 testing facility, please visit:
- Los Angeles: COVID-19 Testing (lacounty.gov)
- Orange County: COVID-19 Testing | Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) (ochealthinfo.com)
- High Desert: Testing Sites – SBCOVID-19 (sbcovid19.com)
Visitors who are temporarily exempt from the vaccine and testing requirements, but must comply with all infection prevention measures (including masking and social distancing) include:
- Visitors who are visiting a patient in critical condition, when death may be imminent.
- In emergent situations, parent or guardian visitors of pediatric patients, a support person for a labor and delivery patient, and support persons for a patient with physical, intellectual, developmental disability, or cognitive impairment are considered visitors who are visiting a patient in critical condition. For subsequent visits following the emergent situation and as soon as reasonably possible, these visitors must comply with the vaccine verification or applicable testing requirements within 72 hours.
Due to the pandemic there may be frequent changes to the visitor policy. Please check here for the most current update or call the ministry you wish to visit. Further information about the new restrictions and visitor policy are listed below by hospital. We encourage any visitors to review the site of the hospital they plan to visit for the most up-to-date guidelines.
Thank you for helping keep patients, visitors, staff and physicians safe.
Visitor Guidelines by Hospital
- Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center
- Providence Holy Cross Medical Center
- Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro
- Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance
- Providence Mission Hospital Laguna Beach
- Providence Mission Hospital Mission Viejo
- Providence Saint John's Health Center
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center, Burbank
- Providence St. Joseph Hospital Orange
- Providence St. Jude Medical Center
- Providence St. Mary Medical Center
About the AuthorMore Content by Providence News Team