General visiting hours 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
We understand the importance of patients having access to their loved ones while receiving care at Providence St. Mary Medical Center. To protect the health of our patients and caregivers, and as a safety precaution to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are pleased we can now allow one visitor per patient (see restrictions and exceptions below) in accordance with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- One person may visit a patient at a time during visiting hours.
- Two visitors from the same household may visit a patient at the same time provided social distancing can be accomplished and visitors comply with hospital visitor guidelines. This two-visitor policy is in effect for the following: Pediatric patients; Labor and Delivery patients; surgery patients; patients with physical, intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, patients with cognitive impairments; and end of life situations.
- For Labor and Delivery patients, a doula may also be present in addition to two visitors from the same household. Labor and Delivery patients must make prior arrangements with the hospital and the doula must comply with hospital PPE and infection control guidelines. NICU visiting hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m.
- Visitors do not need to be designated in advance by the patient; however, each visitor will be screened for fever and COVID-19 symptoms. Each visitor must wear a face covering at all times within the hospital, maintain physical distancing and wear other personal protective equipment (PPE) as appropriate while in the patient's room.
- Visitor movement in the hospital will be limited to the patient’s room. For example, visitors should not walk around in hallways and must go directly to and from the patient's room. The cafeteria is open to visitors to purchase food, however, dining areas are not. Food must be consumed in patient rooms.
- The front hospital lobby is now open. Please abide by proper social distancing practices and maintain six feet of distance between yourself and others. If social distancing cannot be maintained, visitors will be asked to wait outside.
- Food, flowers and patient belongings are allowed to be brought inside the hospital, with the exception of ICU.
We are pleased that our patients can now have loved ones visit them in the hospital. For everyone’s safety, please follow the guidelines above.