Trans+ health training now available online for Providence-employed clinicians
PROVIDENCE CENTRAL DIVISION – The Mission of the Providence family of organizations calls us to recognize the human dignity in each person we serve. This is especially important for those who are vulnerable and marginalized. We believe every person deserves access to compassionate, high-quality care.
This includes those who identify as transgender or gender diverse, a community that has historically experienced discrimination and inequity in the health care setting.
To help us better understand and care for this population, today we launched a new trans+ health online training program for caregivers and clinicians. The training is available to all Providence clinicians and caregivers, but we are sharing it with you as a clinician before socializing it further later this year.
This optional training is now available on Providence’s Degreed e-learning platform, formerly called Rise. The training is made up of three courses, all of which are CME and CE (nursing) accredited. As you go through the modules, you will notice portions of the training say, “required education.” This means completion of these portions is required if you wish to receive CME or CE credit. Courses include:
- Trans+ Health 101: 30-minutes; for all caregivers
- Trans+ Health 102: 30-minutes; for patient-facing caregivers (pre-requisite Trans+ 101)
- Trans+ 201: 60-minutes; for practicing clinicians (pre-requisite Trans+ 101 and 102)
- Important note: The clinical guidance contained in Trans+ 201 does not supersede state law.
The courses were developed in partnership with the Providence Trans+ Patient and Family Advisory Council, which includes patients, community members, caregivers and family members who represent a diverse range of genders and sexual orientations from across our seven states.
Thank you also to the Providence Institute for Human Caring for spearheading this important effort and the more than 130 clinical leaders across the Providence family of organizations who reviewed the content.
- Take the training. (If you don’t yet have a learning profile on Degreed, you will need to create one when you click the link.)
- Visit our trans+ video reflection library.
- Find it later: You can access the training any time while logged in to your work account. Visit the My Apps page and select the Degreed (formerly Rise) button. Type “trans+ health” into the Degreed platform’s search field and select the “Trans+ Health” plan.
These activities have been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit. Please see the course Degreed website for more details.