PROVIDENCE OREGON – As we continue to monitor the transmission of COVID in our community, we are now able to end visitor restrictions for most hospital patients.
The visitor policy will be effective Monday, May 1, and the COVID-19 visitor policy will be archived.
Visitor restrictions will continue for patients in:
- Airborne and special droplet contact isolation
- Behavioral health units
- Center for Medically Fragile Children
- Providence Benedictine Nursing Center
- Providence ElderPlace housing
Visitors may also be limited in other high-risk units as determined by ministry or unit leaders.
Masking requirements for visitors
- Masking is highly recommended for visitors entering a patient’s room, during interactions with caregivers, and in waiting areas.
- Masking is required for visitors when they:
Are in a high-risk area as determined by ministry leadership.
Are in a unit or department experiencing an outbreak.
Please encourage visitors with respiratory symptoms to stay home. If they arrive at the facility, they will be asked to put on a mask, return home, and visit with the patient using an alternate method.
For more information about visitation in airborne and special droplet contact isolation, please review our policies: