ANCHORAGE, Alaska – The Children’s Hospital at Providence provides free immunization clinics for children 10 a.m.-1 p.m. on the first Saturday of each month in Providence Alaska Medical Center Suite A351 (A Tower).
Safety measures are in place during the clinics:
- Only one parent and the child/children receiving immunization(s) will be allowed into the clinic;
- Parent and children over 2 years of age must wear a mask;
- If you or your child has a fever greater than 100 degrees, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, muscle pain, diarrhea and/or has traveled in the last 14 days you should not come to the clinic. Please wait until symptoms are resolved to obtain immunizations.
No appointment is necessary; this is a free walk-in clinic. For more information, please call 907-212-5844.
The monthly clinics will be provided on the following dates in 2022:
- June 4
- July 2
- Aug. 6
- Sept. 3
- Oct. 1
- Nov. 5
- Dec. 3
Children are eligible for the free immunization program if they are younger than 19 and one of the following:
- Medicaid eligible;
- Uninsured or underinsured (vaccines not paid for by insurance); or
- American Indian or Alaska Native.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, vaccination is one of the best ways parents can protect infants, children and teens from 16 potentially harmful diseases. Vaccine-preventable diseases can be very serious, may require hospitalization or even be deadly – especially in infants and young children.
If you are unable to attend this event, future free immunization clinics for children are scheduled throughout the year.
About The Children’s Hospital at Providence
Located within Providence Alaska Medical Center, The Children’s Hospital at Providence functions as a hospital within a hospital. The Children’s Hospital is known for its outstanding Newborn Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Maternity Center. The 146-bed inpatient facility offers family-centered care in every area of pediatric medicine and provides pediatric subspecialty services in Anchorage and across the state of Alaska. For more information about the Children’s Hospital, visit: www.providence.org/childrenshospital
About the AuthorMore Content by Providence News Team