Welcome! Thank you for helping us keep our patients, visitors, caregivers and physicians safe.
- Most patients are permitted to have two visitors at a time. In situations where social distancing is not possible due to room size or the number of patients in the room, only one visitor may be allowed at a time. Nursing leadership on each unit will make this determination.
- Visiting hours in intensive care units (including SICU and CICU) are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Visiting hours in all other units are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- All visitors must pass our COVID-19 screening to enter the hospital and must be over the age of 18.
- Visitors are not allowed for adult patients who are COVID-19 positive or suspected of having COVID-19. Exception: An asymptomatic parent may visit their hospitalized child who is COVID-19 positive.
- Visitors must wear a hospital-provided mask at all times. The following masks are not permitted: plain cloth masks, gators, bandanas and masks with external valves or vents.
- Patients are not able to have visitors in any of our preoperative/PACU/procedural areas. We ask that visitors wait outside the hospital for loved ones who are in surgery, preparing for surgery or recovering from surgery.
- Visitors will be screened at time of entry and provided with a visitor management badge that indicates they are cleared to visit. After screening, visitors must go directly to the nurses station nearest to the patient's room. Visitors must remain in the patient's room and may not gather in any hospital waiting area or hallway.
- Our cafeterias are not open to the public. Visitors may purchase food and beverages, but we strongly encourage visitors to eat in the patient room (if allowed by the unit) and not in the cafeteria. No eating is permitted in patient rooms during procedures.
- After being screened, visitors are welcome in our Gift Shop.
CHOC at Mission Hospital
- An asymptomatic parent may visit their hospitalized COVID-19 child.
- Most patients are permitted to have two visitors at a time. In situations where social distancing is not possible due to room size or the number of patients in the room, only one visitor may be allowed at a time. Nursing leadership on each unit will make that determination.
This visitation policy is subject to change. Visitation may be adjusted at the discretion of the facility to maintain social distancing. Effective April 13, 2021.