Updated Visitation Guidelines During COVID – Effective March 23, 2021
We understand the importance of patients having access to their loved ones while receiving care at Providence hospitals. To protect the health of our patients and caregivers, and as a safety precaution to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are pleased we can now allow two visitors per patient (see restrictions below) in accordance with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Our primary goal is to ensure the safety of all those that enter our environment through social distancing, masking, and hand hygiene practices.
All persons will be screened prior to entering the hospital which includes a temperature check and symptom screening questions.
Hospital approved masks must be worn while inside the hospital or on campus.
- Patients may have two adult visitors (age 18 and above) each day between the hours of 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. The visitors may come together or separately and stay as long as they wish during that time period.
- Same visitor(s) may return the next day if they wish or new visitors may take their place.
- Visitors must go directly to the patient care unit and room where their loved one is located. Visitors SHOULD NOT walk around hospital hallways or visit the cafeteria or gift shop. They MUST remain inside the patient room during their visitation.
Visitation is permitted for the units below and subject to approval by hospital.
- Labor & Delivery/Postpartum: 1 Designated Visitor + Doula
- NICU: 2 Designated Visitors
- Minor (Patient Under 18): 1 Designated Visitor
- Patient with Disability: 1 Designated Support Person
- Comfort Care/End of Life: 2 Visitors (age 13 and older)
- Subacute: Patient visitation must be scheduled in advance
- NO VISITATION for GI Lab, Short Stay or Surgery
Please note that this visitation policy is subject to change and may be adjusted at any time at the discretion of the hospital.