Providence has a patient placement center hotline?
Streamline patient transfers and direct admissions
Did you know that Providence Southern California has a patient placement center designed to streamline patient transfers with one phone call, 24 hours a day, seven days a week?
The Providence Patient Placement Center (PPC) is your point of contact for inbound transfers and direct admissions from physician offices, and outbound transfers from hospitals for patients who are unable or unwilling to be treated in the Providence network. The PPC’s centralized, 24/7 single-call solution streamlines admission and transfer activities eliminating the need for numerous calls. All calls are answered by an experienced nurse or intake specialist.
The PPC is currently available for all Providence medical centers in the Los Angeles service area:
- Providence Little Company of Mary Torrance and San Pedro
- Providence Saint John’s Health Center
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center
- Providence Holy Cross Medical Center
- Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center
By Oct. 31, 2021, the PPC will also be available for the following Providence medical centers in the Orange County service area:
- Providence St. Joseph Hospital
- Providence St. Jude Medical Center
- Providence Mission Hospital
For patient transfer or admission, simply call the PPC at 844-900-XFER (toll-free) with the following patient information:
- Patient demographic information: name, DOB and SSN
- Referring physician information: name and direct phone number
- Diagnosis and other relevant information
- Medical specialty requested
- Type of admission: inpatient/observation
- Patient condition: emergent or stable
- Bed type: ICU, Med-Surg, Tele, Intermediate/PCU
- Requested Providence ministry
The transfer center team will then triage the patient accordingly. For additional questions, please contact Jaya Agrawal at 949-381-4951 or at Jaya.Agrawal@providence.org.