Covenant Health has been focused on vaccinating health care workers in our region as well as CDC identified high risk populations. Covenant Medical Group and Grace Clinic prioritized their established patients for the limited supply that was provided, and those vaccinations are now committed to the patients. At this time, no additional doses are available through our CMG and Grace clinics.
We encourage you to monitor the news channels and social media for updates from the City of Lubbock Health Department regarding availability of vaccines. The City has created a helpful website that has updates for their COVID-19 vaccine clinic. If spots are available, the link will be listed here: https://ci.lubbock.tx.us/departments/civic-center/covid-19-vaccine-clinic.
While the vaccines are provided at no charge, regardless of insurance status, you must meet the State of Texas eligibility criteria.
Currently, those eligible for the vaccine are categorized into 2 areas:
- Phase 1A – Healthcare workers
- Additional information for this phase can be found at https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/immunize/vaccine/EVAP-Phase1A.pdf
- Phase 1B – People 65 years of age or older OR People 16 years of age and older with at least one chronic medical condition that puts them at increased risk for severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19, such as but not limited to:
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
- Solid organ transplantation
- Obesity and severe obesity (body mass index of 30 kg/m2 or higher)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Additional information for this phase can be found at https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/immunize/vaccine/EVAP-Phase1B.pdf
We always encourage the use of masks, hand washing and the practice of social distancing. For additional information about COVID-19, including frequently asked questions, please visit our website.