Providence St. Joseph Hospital announced that it is nationally recognized in five service lines and received seven Five-Star ratings according to new research released by Healthgrades, the leading marketplace connecting doctors and patients. Notably, the hospital received the Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award and is named among the top 10% in the nation for Overall GI Services and for GI Medical Treatment. Recognized service lines include Cardiac, Orthopedics, Vascular, Gastrointestinal and Critical Care.
“This award affirms our team’s dedication to providing the highest levels of quality care for our community,” said Chief Executive Jeremy Zoch, PhD, MHA, FACHE. “We recognize that patients have a choice in healthcare; this acknowledgement for exceptional clinical outcomes gives patients piece of mind that they are receiving excellent, safe care.”
Healthgrades evaluated patient mortality and complication rates for 31 of the most common conditions and procedures at nearly 4,500 hospitals across the country to identify the top-performing hospitals for specialty care.
“We commend Providence St. Joseph for their ongoing commitment to providing high-quality care to patients,” said Brad Bowman, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Head of Data Science at Healthgrades. “Consumers can feel confident that nationally recognized hospitals, like Providence St. Joseph, have demonstrated their ability to deliver consistently exceptional outcomes.”
Below is a complete list of and achievements at Providence St. Joseph.
- Five Star Recipient for Defibrillator Procedures in 2023
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 8 Years in a Row (2016 2023)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery for 4 Years in a Row (2020 2023)
- Five Star Recipient for Carotid Procedures for 2 Years in a Row (2022 2023)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2023 Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award™
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall GI Services in 2023
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for GI Medical Treatment in 2023
- Five Star Recipient for Treatment of GI Bleed for 2 Years in a Row (2022 2023)
- Five Star Recipient for Treatment of Bowel Obstruction in 2023
- Five Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 6 Years in a Row (2018 2023)