Providence Willamette Falls is now serving patients at new cancer clinic
The new Providence Cancer Institute Willamette Falls Clinic, located within the new Carol D. Suzuki Cancer Center, is now open to serve Clackamas County residents close to home.
With expanded capacity for chemotherapy and immunotherapy treatments, more patients will receive cancer care closer to home. This includes patients with breast conditions and cancer who will benefit from the convenience of consultations, clinic visits and surgery in one location.
Services at the center include:
- Expert care from Providence Cancer Institute oncology and hematology specialists
- Chemotherapy and immunotherapy
- Breast surgery and care for patients at a high risk for breast cancer
- Access to over 150 clinical trials and research studies through Earle A. Chiles Research Institute
- Oncology social work
- Cancer education and supportive care
Learn more about the new cancer center and expansion
Young Salem mom nearly needs heart transplant after mild COVID symptoms
A 33-year-old mother of three developed severe myocarditis only one day after experiencing mild COVID-19 symptoms. She was rushed to the hospital and then transferred to Providence St. Vincent Medical Center for specialized care. She received a heart pump and was told she might have to get a heart transplant. Two weeks later, her heart recovered and the pump was removed.
Providence Cancer Institute – in the news
Providence surgical oncologist discusses pancreatic cancer
Michele Babicky, M.D., a surgical oncologist who specializes in treating patients with pancreatic cancer at Providence Cancer Institute, discusses risk factors, symptoms and treatments. Pancreatic cancer is the third leading cause of cancer deaths in the U.S. and represents 3% of all cancer diagnoses in the U.S.
Colorectal cancer research, prevention and treatment
As part of national Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month, two Providence cancer experts – Hagen Kennecke, M.D., and Amanda Hayman, M.D. – discuss the latest research, prevention and treatment related to colorectal cancer.
- Colorectal cancer research with Dr. Kennecke: https://youtu.be/gfODGMxM9aQ
- Colorectal cancer and colonoscopies with Dr. Hayman: https://youtu.be/oeucu2I_tK8
About the AuthorMore Content by Providence inScope Content Team