Let’s be clear, it’s challenging to stay above all the negative energy in the world right now. As difficult as it may seem, support abounds. Whether it’s a family member, a neighbor or even a complete stranger, there are people and resources out there to help you cope and even thrive during these uncertain times.
If you or a loved one is impacted by the West Coast wildfires, or a family member continues to struggle with living in a socially distanced culture, we want to help you cope and manage your stress. Now more than ever, it's important to find some harmony in our lives.
In an effort to ease your way in finding help, we’ve compiled reference sources that we hope provide outlets and guidance to keep your mind, body and soul healthy.
Non-traditional care resources
- Natural remedies to help with stress and anxiety (Providence)
- Natural remedies for depression: Are they effective? (Mayo)
- Experts explain what acupuncture can & can’t do for depression (Bustle)
- 10 Ways to naturally reduce anxiety (Healthline)
Mental health assessments
- How has COVID affected your mental health? (6 minutes)
- Is your mental health flourishing? (3 minutes)
- Are your “off days” a sign of depression? (3 minutes)
Mobile apps for managing anxiety and depression
- Download Sanvello: Anxiety & Depression on Apple | Download Sanvello: Anxiety & Depression on Google
- Download Breathe2Relax on Apple | Download Breathe2Relax on Google
- Download Daylo Journal on Apple | Download Daylo Journalon on Google
- Download Simple Habit Sleep, Meditation on Apple | Download Simple Habit Sleep, Meditation on Google
- Download DARE – Break free from anxiety on Apple | Download DARE – Break free from anxiety on Google
Exercise & Fitness
- Do Yoga with Me (2 months free)
- CorePower (7-day free trial; $199 annual subscription)
- Yoga with Adriene (Free YouTube subscription)
- YMCA Health & Fitness (Free on-demand classes for the whole family)
- Popsugar Dance Fitness (Free YouTube subscription)
- Orange Theory (In-studio or online; monthly subscription)
- Rumble kickboxing (Free daily workouts on Instagram)
- P.volve digital fitness ($20 monthly membership)
Good Housekeeping curated a good list of more than 20 YouTube workout channels that are free.
Virtual and telehealth resources offered by Providence
- Providence TelePsychiatry
- Providence TeleStroke
- Providence Behavioral Health Concierge
- Providence Chatbot (Grace)
- Providence Virtual Visits
- Providence Health Connect mobile application
Mental and physical resources from the CDC
- Disaster distress helpline | Phone: 800-985-5990
- National suicide prevention lifeline | Phone: 800-273-8255
- National domestic violence hotline | Phone: 800-799-7233
- National child abuse hotline | Phone: 800-422-4453
- National sexual abuse hotline | Phone: 800-656-4673
We hope you find some inspiration from the resources above. We will be updating this list periodically, so if you find this information helpful we encourage you to bookmark this article.
Stay safe. Stay mindful. Stay well.
About the AuthorMore Content by Providence Mental Health Team