When you or a family member is feeling under the weather, the last thing you want to do is get dressed and drive to the doctor’s office or walk-in clinic. You’re not feeling well, right? And, who wants to sit in a waiting room filled with sick people!
Or, maybe it’s a Sunday afternoon and you’re at Grandma Helen’s house 50 miles from home. Little Johnny wakes up from a nap with red, crusty eyes. What are your options then?
Use your smartphone or computer to talk to a doctor or nurse practitioner
Not to worry. With Express Care Virtual, a new service from Providence, you can see a provider when you want, wherever you want – without leaving your home or workplace. Providence Express Care Virtual links a doctor or nurse practitioner to you for a live video appointment via your computer, smartphone or tablet.
Providence Express Care Virtual connects you with Providence physicians and nurse practitioners, who can ask questions, make treatment recommendations and prescribe medications – the same as a doctor would during an office appointment – for many common illnesses. Plus, the provider charts your visit in your MyChart medical record and sends a follow-up report to your primary care provider.
- See a list of common conditions perfect for a Providence Express Care Virtual appointment.
Easy, secure – and quick
Not only is it fast and convenient, but Providence Express Care Virtual is also safe, secure and confidential – just like a regular doctor’s visit – and it’s all coordinated with your ongoing Providence care.
To add to the convenience:
- Providence Express Care Virtual offers extended weekday and weekend hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- No appointment necessary. Just connect when it’s convenient.
- Wait times are generally less than 5 minutes. That’s right: 5 minutes!
We’ve already served many satisfied patients
Providence Express Care Virtual might be new to your area, but we’ve been serving patients in other Providence service areas for quite some time – to rave reviews.
Here’s what people are saying:
- “I thought it was great. I had some flu symptoms and the last thing I wanted to do was put on clothes and drive to the doctor’s office.”
- “It was about 15 minutes between the time I called to find out about Providence Express Care Virtual to the time I finished my visit. It was an amazing experience.”
- “I really appreciated the ability to take care of this from home.”
- “We were out of town on vacation. Providence Express Care Virtual was so helpful and didn’t take away from our vacation time much. Our only other option was an emergency room visit.”
An online visit through Providence Express Care Virtual costs a flat, up-front fee of $39. If your health plan has a large deductible or expensive copay, this might actually save you money. If you’re a Providence Health Plan member, Providence Express Care Virtual will bill the plan for you. If not, check with your insurance company – many now reimburse for telehealth visits.
You still need your primary care provider
Providence Express Care Virtual isn’t meant to replace regular visits with your primary care provider. If you need your annual checkup or you’re dealing with an ongoing, chronic illness, your Providence primary care provider is still the person to see. But it’s a great alternative when you can’t get in to your doctor’s office or urgent care center, or when you’re too sick or busy to drive to an appointment.
Providence Express Care Virtual providers can make diagnoses, recommend treatments and write prescriptions for common conditions like colds, the flu, allergies, bladder infections and rashes.Ready to start?
Signing up for Providence Express Care Virtual is free. Why not create an account today, so it’s ready when you need it? You don’t want to wait until you’re juggling three kids and a cough, or dealing with a sore throat on a busy workday, do you? If your Providence Express Care Virtualaccount is ready, you’ll be good to go – whenever and wherever you need to see a doctor.