A friendly reminder from your local hospital and health care team
Did you know that women in their 40s are at a higher risk of developing certain health conditions, such as breast cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, and osteoporosis? That's why it's essential to get regular health checks and screenings to catch any potential problems early and prevent complications.
Some of the health checks that you should schedule regularly are:
- Mammogram: This is a type of X-ray that can detect breast cancer. You should get one every two years, or more often if you have a family history of breast cancer or other risk factors.
- Pap smear: This is a test that can detect cervical cancer and other abnormalities in the cervix. You should get one every three years, or more often if you have a history of abnormal Pap smears or other risk factors.
- Blood pressure: This is a measure of how hard your heart is working to pump blood through your body. You should get your blood pressure checked at least once a year, or more often if you have high blood pressure or other risk factors.
- Blood sugar: This is a measure of how much glucose is in your blood. You should get your blood sugar checked at least once a year, or more often if you have diabetes or other risk factors.
- Bone density: This is a measure of how strong and dense your bones are. You should get your bone density checked at least once in your 40s, or more often if you have osteoporosis or other risk factors.
These are just some of the health checks that can help you stay healthy and happy in your 40s and beyond. Of course, you should also maintain a balanced diet, exercise regularly, manage your stress, and get enough sleep. And don't forget to have fun and enjoy life! You deserve to take care of yourself. Don't let anything stop you from getting your regular health checks. They could save your life!
Find a doctor
If you need any help or advice on how to schedule your health checks, or how to improve lifestyle habits, reach out to your primary care doctor, you can search for one who’s right for you in our physician directory to support you on your journey to wellness. Through Providence Express Care Virtual, you can also access a full range of healthcare services.
This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical care. Always follow your healthcare professional's instructions.