Father’s Day is right around the corner, which means it’s time to start thinking about gifts (yikes). This year, instead of giving the traditional neckties and barbecue sets, how about giving your dad (or husband) the best gift: the gift of health. Before you stop reading because you know this healthy angle won't work, take a look at these unique and healthy gift ideas below. We've tried to offer some ideas that any dad would appreciate.
- The Hydro Flask: This is not your average water bottle. The Hydro Flask uses vacuum-insulated stainless steel to keep your dad’s beverages cool all day long. With summer heat quickly approaching, hydration is important. The sleek design of the Hydro Flask and the option to design your own will ensure dad is looking hip and properly hydrated everywhere he goes.
- Peloton Stationary Bike: The Peloton is the coolest new way to get on a bike. Your dad can join live or on-demand cycling classes from the comfort of his home. Its versatility allows users to ride independently or sign up for their monthly subscription to virtually workout with riders from all over the world.
- An introductory (or pro) lesson to dad’s favorite sport: What better way to encourage dad to get outside and get fit than to sign him up for a golf, tennis or racquetball lesson? With so many recreation centers and local clubs available, you’re sure to find a class that your dad will love. Even better: sign yourself up with your dad and take the class together.
- Perfect Total Body Kit: If your dad prefers to do his workouts in the living room or in his "man room," then a home gym kit is perfect for him. Many kits, like this one, come with a pullup bar, push up handles and an ab roller. You could also include weights, a kettlebell, or a medicine ball to help add more strength and cardio to his workouts. Dad could even take this gym kit with him when he travels.
- Salomon Discovery GTX Hiking Boots: Salomon is a top name in hiking boots. These affordable, yet comfortable, shoes are perfect for a long hike or a leisurely trail walk. Couple this gift with your local hiking trail guide, and your dad is set.
- Nutri Ninja with Auto-iQ: If you're going to get dad a blender, a Ninja is a great option. This blending machine takes the guesswork out of smoothie-making by including a handy inspiration guide. Also, the pro extractor blades make sure your smoothie lives up to its name. Your dad can easily kick-start his health every morning using the Nutri Ninja.
- Brooks Ravenna 8 Running Shoes: If your dad’s currently not a runner, he will be after wearing these shoes. Brooks’ updated design makes the Ravenna 8 a comfortable and lightweight shoe for any foot type. Whether dad is training for a 5k or just trying to keep up with the grandkids, he will be sure to get a lot of miles out of the Ravenna 8 running shoe.
- Phaiser Bluetooth Wireless Earbuds: Wires are a thing of the past. Bring dad up to the 21st century with a pair of Phaiser wireless earbuds. These earbuds are magnetic, so they won’t get lost around your neck, and they come with a lifetime sweatproof warranty. If your dad does any of the activities listed above, these wireless earbuds will come in handy!
- Fitbit Smart Fitness Watch: The Fitbit app and bands are popular, but have you heard of the Fitbit Blaze? This watch brings smart fitness to a whole new level. With onscreen workouts, cardio fitness levels, multisport tracking and reminders to move, the Fitbit Blaze has everything your dad needs to keep his fitness in focus. Oh yeah, it also tells the time.
These are just a few unique gift ideas for the dad in your life that will both show appreciation and keep them healthy this Father’s Day.