Providence’s five core values
Part of this celebration is our annual Values in Action award ceremony, which is the highest honor we give each year. This annual caregiver recognition program celebrates those who set the highest standard for all of us by modeling five core values:
More than 7,000 caregivers were nominated for 2022’s Values in Actions awards, and 18 were chosen to receive Providence’s highest honor at this year’s Rays of Light Gala on Friday, July 8, 2022. If you’d like to watch the entire gala celebration, you can do so at the link below:
Meet the 18 award recipients
Award recipients include people such as Helen Wade, Nursing Assistant, Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center, who uses her natural gift of voice to show up time and again to comfort the most vulnerable patients. And Rolf Wuellner, Pharmacy Manager, Providence Newberg Medical Center, who stood out as the go-to for all COVID-19 vaccine issues for the entire Providence system, not just in Newberg. Or Ronni Russell, Executive Director of Operations, St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare, who spearheaded her ministry's conversion to EPIC, easing the way of the physicians and providers by giving them the tools to be successful.
You can learn more about each award recipient by watching their award videos, showcasing how they live the five core values. Each video gives you a glimpse of the unique qualities that every award recipient possesses. Their leadership, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, set the tone for Providence and ensured we continued to be in service of others. These are just some of the faces working to bring patients world-class healthcare and support to Providence caregivers.
The full list of award recipients is below:
- Jessica Coffey, Nursing Assistant, St. Elias Specialty Hospital
Ambulatory Care Network
- Thanh Nguyen, M.D., Executive Director and Chief Clinical Officer, ExpressCare
Home & Community Care
- Dora Frank, Laundry Aide, Providence Mount St. Vincent
- Michael Lutzi, RN, Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital
- Manny Rodriguez, Security, Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
- Rolf Wuellner, Pharmacy Manager, Providence Newberg Medical Center
- Ronni Russell, Executive Director of Operations, St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare, California
- Stephanie Berry, Executive Assistant, Providence Medical Group, Oregon
- Cash Spencer, Senior Manager, ASO Services, Providence Health Plan, Oregon
- Christa Argosino, ER Technician, Providence-Swedish First Hill
- Mike Dover, Construction Supervisor, Providence-Swedish St. Peter Hospital
- Marilyn Fultz, Chief Human Resources Officer, Oregon
- Roopa Rangaprasad, Director of Talent Acquisition, Providence Global Innovation Center, India
- Martha Rios, RN, Little Company of Mary, San Pedro
- Matthew Santamaria, Physical Therapy Assistant, St. Jude Medical Center, Fullerton
Texas and New Mexico
- Christy Ratheal, RN, Covenant Children's Hospital
Washington and Montana
- Helen Wade, Nursing Assistant, Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
- Susan Leathers, Manager of Emergency Preparedness and Trauma, Providence St. Mary Medical Center
Are you a Providence caregiver?
Nominations are now being accepted for 2023 Values in Action Awards. Now through Aug. 5, nominate a fellow caregiver who lives our values here.
Find a doctor
If these stories inspired you to think about your health and take charge of your well-being, talk to your primary care doctor about your questions and needs. If you need to find a doctor, you can use our online provider directory.
Providence in your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter to get more educational and inspirational stories from the expert caregivers at Providence.