Beginning March 1, the State of Oregon announced a new process for eligible community members to schedule a COVID vaccine. This new process will ease your way so that you only need to enter your information online one time.
All eligible patients who wish to receive the vaccine, and are not currently scheduled, should:
- Register on the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) website. You will find detailed instructions below. This is the fastest way for you to schedule a vaccination appointment.
- Based on the number of vaccine doses available, OHA will randomly select names from those who have registered. Everyone who wants vaccine will receive a vaccine.
- When you have been selected you will receive a text message notifying you that you are next in line to schedule. You will then receive an email with instructions on how to schedule your vaccine appointment. If you do not have a text or email capabilities, you will receive a phone call to schedule.
- By registering on the OHA website, you will receive important updates on vaccine eligibility, and have an account that makes it easier to find a vaccine provider when you are eligible for a vaccination.
Beginning 9 a.m., Monday, March 1, patients 65 years old and older are eligible to receive the COVID vaccine.
Please be patient during the scheduling process as Oregon’s vaccine supply is limited. Oregon Health Authority estimates that it may take many weeks to provide first doses of the vaccine to everyone who is currently eligible that wants it.
Providence is working with other health systems to provide vaccines in the Portland area.
There are two locations where you can receive the vaccine:
- The Portland International Airport drive-through vaccination site
- The Oregon Convention Center vaccination site
Please note that the Oregon Convention Center does require standing, walking, and using the elevator. There will be extra support for people who request it. This includes wheelchairs and people to escort you quickly through the process.
Follow these steps to schedule your vaccine appointment:
- Go to the Oregon Health Authority website: covidvaccine.oregon.gov.
- Click on the blue Get Vaccinated Oregon link.
- Answer the questions to confirm that you are eligible.
- Oregon Health Authority will select names at random from those who have registered to receive the vaccine, based on the number of doses available.
- Again, when you have been selected you will receive a text message notifying you that you are next in line to schedule. You will then receive an email with instructions on how to schedule your vaccine appointment. If you do not have a text or email capabilities, you will receive a phone call to schedule.
You can print these instructions to use while making your appointment on the computer. Look for the “print” button at the top of this message.
If you need help using the online registration tool, consider working with a family member or trusted friend.
If you have trouble registering on the Oregon Health Authority website, please call 211.
You can select the phone option for vaccination in Columbia, Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington counties. Answer the questions to confirm that you are eligible. You then will be connected to a scheduling team to assist you.
The 211 line may be busy as schedulers from Oregon Health Authority work to help others. You are welcome to stay on hold for assistance or follow the prompts to ask for a return call.
Thank you for trusting Providence with your care.
About the AuthorMore Content by Providence News Team