We take a look at the highlights of the past year from healthcare to health blogs and how our care improves the community
- Review our major wins in patient care this year
- Discover the power of love in action with our Community Benefit Report
- Catch up on our top five blogs in 2019
[3 MIN READ]
It’s been a year of change and growth for Providence. We’d like to share some of the highlights that made 2019 memorable. And just in case you missed one, we’ve put together a list of the best-of-the-best blogs of 2019 as judged by you, our readers.
Top wins of 2019
Our commitment to bring you comprehensive, compassionate care means we’re continuously improving our systems and services to deliver even better care in the future. Here are some of the year’s top wins:
- We’ve nearly eliminated preventable maternal deaths across our ministries at a time when women are unnecessarily dying from childbirth at alarming rates.
- We became a founding member of Civica Rx, a not-for-profit generic drug company working to reduce the cost of drugs for consumers.
- We partnered with One Medical to learn how to leverage their innovative patient experience for primary care services.
- We partnered with Cedars-Sinai to build a new patient care center in Southern California.
- We invested to support Plymouth Housing in Seattle alongside Amazon and Microsoft to fuel a campaign to increase access to affordable housing.
- We created an alliance with Microsoft to use software to simplify access to clinical data so caregivers can care for patients more holistically and efficiently.
A year of service
As a community-focused organization, we take pride in helping improve the health and happiness of all the communities we serve. This past year, Providence invested $1.6 billion to help address issues such as Medicaid coverage, homelessness, mental health and addiction.
Read about our latest community investments and the power of love in action in our latest Community Benefit Report.
Top blogs of 2019
We strive to listen to what you want from a health system to inform the content we create and publish.
We have an entire internal research team that does nothing but listen to our patient’s answers to the following questions:
- What do you find relevant?
- What would help you find the care you need?
- How do you want to receive information?
This research informs the articles we publish and guides our attempts to deliver high-value content about the topics that affect your health.
Here are the top blogs of 2019. On behalf of the entire editorial team, we thank you for your time.
9 Signs your stomach pain isn’t normal. Experts talk about the most common signs your tummy troubles need more than an over-the-counter remedy. Read more.
5 Ways to keep estrogen levels in line naturally. Estrogen imbalance can cause a host of health problems including weight gain, sleep issues and depression. We outline five ways to achieve balance and improve your health. Read more.
4 Medications that can affect your memory. Medications should improve your health, not make it worse or cause new symptoms. We detail four medications that could be affecting your memory. See if yours is on the list. Read more.
Do you really need to take 10,000 steps a day to keep your heart healthy? A recent study shows you may reap health benefits taking far fewer steps than you might expect. Read more.
How to prevent (and treat) damaged, crepey skin. Does your skin look dry, wrinkled and paper thin? We explain what causes your skin to resemble crepe paper and offer solutions that can really make a difference. Read more.
Find a doctor
The experts at Providence can help make 2020 your best, healthiest year ever. Find a doctor that can help you reach your health goals using our provider directory. Or, you can search for a primary care doctor in your area.
This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical care. Always follow your healthcare professional’s instructions.
About the AuthorMore Content by Providence News Team