We love fall for many reasons: football, Halloween, spiced pumpkin drinks and changing leaves. But the flu? That’s one seasonal shift you can do without. While many of you might take precautions by getting your flu shot, the illness tends to sneak up on people who forego the vaccine. With symptoms like fever, stuffy nose and sore throat, the flu can easily be mistaken for a common cold. However, when left untreated, flu symptoms can get quite severe.
Here is why you should visit Express Care if you think you have the flu:
- It’s convenient. Providence Express Care has multiple locations that make getting care more convenient than ever before. And if you prefer to be seen from your home or office, or wherever you are, you can see a provider from your smartphone or computer with our Express Care Virtual service. Express Care is designed to get you the help you need when and where you want it.
- You wait less. The ‘Express’ in Express Care is our commitment to getting you the answers you need as quickly as possible. Whether you schedule an appointment at one of our retail locations or log in for virtual care, our expert providers are there to help you in your moment of need. We also offer extended hours 7 days a week.
- No appointments needed. Unfortunately, the flu can appear without warning. Your doctor’s office might not have appointments available right away. With symptoms that include fever and diarrhea, it’s best not to wait. Express Care accepts walk-ins or same-day appointments for people who need immediate medical attention.
- No insurance needed. Depending on the location, Express Care clinics accept self-payment options as well as insurance, although it isn’t necessary. This mitigates a lot of the financial worry around treatment.
- Expert care. Express Care providers can treat a wide range of health issues and illnesses, from skin conditions to sprains and fortunately, the flu. They also offer lab tests and screenings to ensure that you’re being treated as accurately as possible. Most importantly, Providence aims to treat the whole person, not just the illness. So no matter how flu season is making you feel, you’re in good hands.
For a list of available Express Care clinics in your area, visit our website or speak to a medical provider today.