Avocados and bananas combine for a smooth batter to make scrumptious pancake recipe. Top with additional fruit for bonus nutrition.
Serving Size 2 pancakes
2/3 cup whole-grain flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar (packed)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 ripe, fresh avocado (halved, peeled, pitted, cubed, divided)
1 cup sliced, ripe banana
1 cup reduced-fat milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl mix together all-purpose flour, brown sugar and baking powder.
- In a blender, combine half of the avocado pieces, half of the banana slices, milk, eggs and vanilla; puree until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined; batter may be lumpy.
- Lightly Spray a griddle or skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter for each 4-inch pancake. Cook until bottom is lightly brown and bubbles begin to burst, about 2 minutes. Turn and continue cooking until golden brown. Serve warm with remaining avocados and bananas.
-Recipe from the American Heart Association