Spoil mom this Mother’s Day with delicious blueberry muffins for breakfast.
The Best Blueberry Muffins
Recipe by Paula Jones, MS, RD, CSO
Prep: 50 minutes
Serves: 12 - 13
- ½ C Butter, softened
- 7 oz. Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Lemon zest
- 2 C Flour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ C Buttermilk (or lemon, full fat yogurt)
- 2 C Blueberries, washed, drained, picked over
- 3 tsp. Turbino sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cream butter and granulated sugar until light (5-8 minutes).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract.
- Take 2 – 3 Tbsp. of the flour and toss it over the blueberries so that they are all coated. It will help prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the muffin tin.
- Sift together the flour, salt, lemon zest and baking powder. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
- Fold the whole berries into the batter.
- Line a 12 cup standard muffin tin with cupcake liners and fill with batter. Sprinkle the 3 tsp. turbino sugar on top of all the muffins. Bake in oven at 375°F for about 25 - 30 minutes.
- Remove muffins from tin and cool at least 30 minutes. Store, uncovered or the muffins will be too moist for the second day, if they last that long!
About the AuthorMore Content by Providence News Team