Richland, WA—As we wrap up 2018, we give thanks for what we have and reflect upon the work we have done for the betterment of our community.
Kadlec Foundation is dedicated to enriching the lives of our friends, family and neighbors through support of programs, equipment and capital projects at Kadlec. Thanks to generous donors and sponsors, the Foundation is able to help enhance and advance programs and services for the health care needs of our community, creating a healthier community, together.
“Because of Kadlec’s unique status as the only not-for-profit hospital and health care system in the Tri-Cities, donors can be assured that Kadlec Foundation offers a great way to invest in the current and future health care needs of our community,” said Rebecca Thornton, philanthropy officer. “We are humbled and grateful for the community’s continued support which, this year, provided over $750,000 in equipment, programs and services for Kadlec patients and families.”
Together, with support from our donors, Kadlec Foundation has:
- Funded 37 grants for medical equipment, programs and services for the medical center and clinics totaling $576,735
- Provided free mammograms for 412 under-insured women in our community
- Served 119 Kadlec patients through our Good Samaritan Fund with hotels, gas, bus passes and medical equipment to remove barriers to healing after discharge from the hospital
- Provided 53 scholarships to deserving, local health care students pursuing degrees in health care programs
- Funded equipment and support to 21 schools participating in Kadlec Academy, an after-school health program for elementary age children
- And more …
About the AuthorMore Content by Providence News Team