Author: John Zurasky, M.D., medical director, Providence Brain and Spine Institute
The Providence neuro-oncology program provides compassionate care to some of our community’s most vulnerable patients. We help patients understand their treatment options and quality of life considerations so they can make informed decisions in partnership with their care team and loved ones.
Prakash Ambady, M.D., and his interdisciplinary team of providers, nurses and social work support will be located at Providence Neurological Specialties - West. This team will collaborate with providers from Providence Cancer Institute to provide oncology care and will offer cutting-edge clinical trial opportunities through both Providence Brain and Spine Institute Clinical Research and the Earle A. Chiles Research Institute, a division of Providence Cancer Institute.
Dr. Ambady’s training and experience include:
- Neurology training at Drexel University College of Medicine
- Training at Johns Hopkins University and the National Institutes of Health
- Seven years of experience building a strong program and staff at OHSU, where he served as associate professor
- An active research portfolio, including investigator-initiated trials and an NIH-supported study
In addition, Dr. Ambady joins Providence Brain and Spine Institute’s Virtual Second Opinion Service, which offers patients low-cost, convenient access to experts in brain tumors, Moyamoya disease and cerebral aneurysms.
KATU - Providence neuro-oncology, expanded services
Dr. Ambady and the neuro-oncology team are now seeing patients. For more information, contact the clinic at 503-216-1150 or learn more at Neuro-Oncology Program | Providence.
- Prakash Ambady, M.D., neuro-oncology physician
- Dana Moussalli, AGACNP, neuro-oncology nurse practitioner
- Lauren Popp, FNP, neuro-oncology nurse practitioner
Neuro-oncology clinic team
- Briana Camp, neuro-oncology scheduling coordinator
- Verda Dew, neuro-oncology social worker
- Julie Peterson, neuro-oncology medical assistant
- Maria Turchan, RN, neuro-oncology nurse
About the AuthorMore Content by Providence Pulse Content Team