Caprese Chicken Recipe photo by Taste of Home
This high protein, nutrient dense, quick and delicious recipe is a great way to change up traditional, boring chicken breasts. It can be served as a stand-alone meal, served atop a bed of greens or with your favorite vegetable.
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chicken seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Torn fresh basil leaves
- In a large shallow dish, combine salad dressing, chicken seasoning and Italian seasoning. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 4-6 hours. Drain chicken, discarding marinade.
- Preheat oven to 450°. In an ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Transfer skillet to oven; bake 15-18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Top chicken with cheese and tomato. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Drizzle with vinegar; top with basil.
Nutritional Value (based on ½ chicken breast or 3 oz portion):
263 calories, 17 grams fat, 2.5 grams carbohydrates, 23 grams protein
Recipe modified from www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/caprese-chicken by Colette Micko, MS, RDN, CDE, Providence Little Company of Mary Bariatric Wellness Program Coordinator.
Copyright © 2017, Trusted Media Brands, Inc. and its licensors. All rights reserved.
About the AuthorMore Content by Providence News Team