Do you or someone you know need health insurance?
A special enrollment period is open now through Aug. 15
Now more than ever, it’s important to protect your health with insurance coverage. Unfortunately, millions of people do not have health care insurance or have lost it during the pandemic.
In response to the pandemic, the federal insurance marketplace has opened a special enrollment period on Healthcare.gov, and many state exchanges are also open. It’s easy to find an affordable plan, and anyone can apply.
Here’s what you need to know:
- You have until Aug. 15, 2021 to sign up. This is a new emergency enrollment period.
- There are affordable plans available. Financial assistance is available for many people to lower their monthly cost for insurance. Most who enroll find plans for $50 per month or less after financial assistance.
- No qualifying event is required. This special enrollment period doesn't require you to have a qualifying life event like the birth of a child or getting married. In some states, you may even be able to save money by making changes to your current plan.
- Your coverage will start the first of the month after you enroll in a plan. For example, if you enroll anytime in June, your coverage will start on July 1.
- Getting help to enroll is easy. Go to HealthCare.gov or call 800-318-2596 to reach a 24/7 call center. Staff are available to help you enroll in a plan that is right for you. Assistance is available in many languages.