ANCHORAGE, Alaska — If you are unable to schedule an appointment with your primary care provider and have a minor illness or injury that can't wait, ExpressCare is a cost-effective alternative to the high cost and long waits of an emergency department visit.
ExpressCare provides convenient, high-quality, more-affordable care close to where people work and live with same-day visits, seven days a week with extended hours. Appointments can be scheduled online, so patients can find a time that fits their schedule. Providers will be able to treat common conditions as well as offer screenings and tests.
ExpressCare clinics in Alaska are located at:
- 1389 Huffman Park Drive, Suite D;
- 2900 Seward Hwy. (Midtown Mall near Carrs);
- 1118 N. Muldoon Road (Tikahtnu Commons);
- 17101 Snowmobile Lane, Suite 114, in Eagle River; and
- 1861 E. Parks Hwy. in Wasilla.
ExpressCare clinics accept a wide range of insurance plans, including Medicare.
Some of the conditions/injuries that can be treated at ExpressCare clinics, along with many of the other services available, include:
- Cold, flu and allergies
- Cough, congestion and asthma
- COVID-19 symptoms
- Ear, nose and throat issues
- Eye irritations
- Urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Skin conditions
- Sprains and strains
- Cuts and scrapes
- COVID-19 test
- Strep test
- Mono test
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing
- Urinalysis testing
- Pregnancy test
- Cholesterol test
- Tuberculosis (TB) test
- Sports and school physicals (not covered by insurance)
- Prescription refills (select)
ExpressCare Virtual is available for patients who prefer to receive care without leaving the comfort of their home or office. ExpressCare Virtual provides online appointments with a provider via computer or mobile device with most insurance accepted. Providers can diagnose and treat minor medical concerns, and prescribe medication or lab work, as needed.
For mobile use, download the Providence Health Connect app.
About the AuthorMore Content by Providence News Team