Thanks to your thoughtful generosity which had a total philanthropic impact of $3 million in 2019, St. Jude continues to excel as one of the top hospitals in Southern California. Here are just a few examples of the extraordinary things you made possible.
- You helped patients suffering from a serious or life-limiting illness experience relief and comfort through music and massage therapy — two critical services under St. Jude’s philanthropy-supported palliative care program.
- Your support enabled St. Jude to acquire its 2nd da Vinci XI surgical system, a robotic technology that allows surgeons to perform minimally invasive procedures with smaller incisions resulting in faster recovery time. The new XI system allows surgeons to perform more complex procedures, thanks to greater dexterity of the instrument arms and enhanced visualization.
- Our philanthropist-funded stroke endowment allowed our six of our neurosciences physicians to pursue research and clinical advances which will strengthen our ability to foster more successful outcomes for patients, keeping us at the forefront of stroke care as a nationally recognized Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- Patients of our cardiac rehabilitation program benefitted from new donor-supported equipment, including a Dynatronics STRC Treadmill to provide more exercise equipment options and will simulate a walking program that patients can continue at home.
- Thanks to your support of our Care for the Poor program, St. Jude has plans in 2020 to break ground on a new St. Jude Neighborhood Health Center in Anaheim. Like St. Jude’s current clinic in Fullerton, the new center will provide medical, dental and mental health services to un/under-insured and low-income families in the underserved Ponderosa Park neighborhood.
- You gave nurses like Jacob Pablo, MSN, RN, CMSRN, SCRN, the opportunity to pursue advanced degrees and certifications through your support of nursing scholarships. With his new Masters of Science in Nursing, Jacob can now provide higher-quality care to patients and pursue his dream of becoming a clinical instructor to future aspiring nurses.
- Your giving put a new, state-of-the-art radiation system called AlignRT® in the hands of our radiation therapists and oncologists. The infrared technology uses 3D imaging to monitor patient motion to millimeter accuracy, in order to only radiate the tissue that needs treatment and protect the vital organs from getting any of the radiation dose.
- You made our 2019 Walk Among the Stars Gala & Fashion show the most successful one to date. Together, we raised a record-breaking $580,000 to help bring lifesaving 3D mammography technology to the women of our community.
About the AuthorMore Content by Providence News Team