We are committed to keeping our patients, our staff and our community healthy. To meet this challenge we have created layers of protection for everyone in our hospitals.
Recent updates include:
- Our employees are required to self-assess before they come to work, and stay home if they have a fever or other symptoms.
- Everyone – employees and physicians included – will have their temperatures taken before entering the hospital and may not enter if they have a fever.
- Employees who feel ill during the day are to contact Employee Health immediately, and are sent home to self-quarantine.
- Outside our hospitals, tents have been set up to screen and isolate patients with COVID-19 symptoms.
- If patients appear to have contracted the virus and require hospitalization, they are transported in the safest possible way to an isolation room.
- COVID-19 patients and those awaiting test results are cared for in separate areas of the hospital and away from the general patient population.
- Care team members providing direct patient care to COVID-19 patients wear personal protective wear to protect themselves and others.
- We have a temporary no-visitor policy.
- We have implemented measures that ensure we meet social distancing directives.
About the AuthorMore Content by Providence News Team