Witches, ghouls and goblins are all fun Halloween costume ideas, but how about trying something a little different this year? There are so many spirited real-life characters that your child could trick-or-treat as that are frankly more cool than scary, and more relevant when it comes to inspiring their future. To turn your Halloween into a learning experience that empowers your child, try these costumes on for size:
- Amelia Earhart: One of the most famous aviation pioneers of all time, Earhart was the first female pilot to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. A testament to bravery and courage, this costume is sure to inspire. Add a cardboard paper plane to take your costume to the next level!
- Albert Einstein: A universally well-known physicist, Einstein was credited with developing the theory of relativity and is closely identified by his famous formula, E=mc2. Fun fact about Einstein: He was once asked to be the president of Israel. When putting together this costume, don’t forget his signature moustache!
- David Bowie: Bowie was a legendary musician whose work influenced countless other artists. Known for his stage presence and often outrageous costumes, this is a fun idea for the music loving child in your life.
- Nelson Mandela: Former South African President, Nelson Mandela, was a revolutionary and a philanthropist. He dedicated his time in government to abolishing institutional racism and reconciling opposing groups. For this costume, try to find a traditional Madiba shirt to replicate his style.
- Marie Curie: Curie was the first woman to receive a Nobel Peace Prize. Not only that, she won the prize twice in two different sciences. She is credited with developing the theory of radioactivity. She is known for wearing black, but you can add glow sticks to make the costume really stand out!
- Nikola Tesla: Best known for his contributions to the alternating current electrical supply system, Tesla also partnered with General Electric to install the first modern power station at Niagara Falls. If you have a budding science-lover, this is the perfect costume for them.
- Buzz Aldrin: Aldrin was one of the first two humans to ever land on the moon, and the second person to actually walk on it. Astronaut costumes can be quite challenging to put together, but if you have the time, it’ll be one to remember.
Hopefully, this list has given you a good starting point for your Halloween. If you like these costumes, share the infographic on your social channels!