IMPORTANT NOTE: We know there is high interest in people wanting a COVID vaccine. Please know that vaccines are not currently available at Providence clinics and we are not scheduling appointments. We will update this website as we know more information about vaccine availability.
This is the best way to find out the most current information. We’d ask you to please not call clinics, hospitals and other health care providers at this time to ask about vaccines. Our phone centers are overwhelmed and we need to focus on our patients who need care.
Here’s some updated information (as of Feb. 2, 2021):
- Oregon Governor Kate Brown and the Oregon Health Authority have said they hope to open vaccines to people older than 80 on Feb. 8. We will let you know as soon as we can about when and how to schedule your vaccination.
- Some of the smaller communities around Oregon have completed vaccinations for all people in the 1A category and teachers, and have moved on to vaccinating older adults. You also may be seeing that Washington and many other states are vaccinating older adults, based on the priorities for their communities. We continue to follow direction from Governor Brown and the OHA.
- Providence, Legacy, OHSU and Kaiser Permanente health systems have joined to create a mass vaccination clinic at the Oregon Convention Center. This location is intended to vaccinate tens of thousands of Oregonians. At this time, several thousand vaccinations are being given daily to predominantly teachers and staff; the mass vaccination clinic is limited by the number of vaccines we receive.
We do not know when more vaccines will be available or when the governor and OHA will expand who is able to receive the COVID vaccine. Please know that we will continue to update this site as more information is announced.
For more information, please check the following websites:
- Vaccines are being made available by phase. When Oregon Health Authority releases additional vaccination phases, we will post this information on our website, coronavirus.providence.org/or-updates.
- For more information about the phases, see this outline from OHA.
- For more information from Oregon Health Authority on vaccines by county, see, https://www.oregon.gov/oha/covid19/Pages/vaccine-information-by-county.aspx
- For more general information on COVID from the Oregon Health Authority, see https://govstatus.egov.com/OR-OHA-COVID-19.
About the AuthorMore Content by Providence News Team