In a recent broadcast, Frances Broyles, M.D., Endocrinologist, System Medical Director Diabetes, sat down with Rick Riess, Director of Behavioral Program Development at HMR Weight Management. During their conversation, they talked about why maintaining a healthy weight has been so difficult during the pandemic and how you can develop strategies to lose weight successfully through behavior modification.
- During the pandemic, stress and generally sitting more has impacted many people’s ability to maintain a healthy weight.
- Other impacts to progressive weight gain over the past several years in the U.S. have been due to environmental and cultural factors.
- A healthy approach to losing makes all the difference, including a strong support team.
- To set yourself on a path to success, avoid added sugars in foods and drinks, control portion size and do your research about restaurant food.
- Realize that willpower is a practiced behavior and you can get better at it over time.
According to Rick Riess, “The HMR program is a wonderful approach in terms of trying to reset behavior and use behavioral coaching to lose weight quickly and safely.”
Learn more about the HMR program and whether it is a fit for you.
About the AuthorMore Content by Providence Nutrition Team