Information about testing sites is available via the Alaska Department of Health & Social Services site locator on its COVID-19 website. Pre-procedure testing remains available at Providence testing sites in Anchorage, Kodiak, Seward and Valdez.
People still must have a referral before being tested. Referrals can be obtained during a live, phone or a virtual appointment with a clinician. Testing involves collecting a swab from the nose or mouth, which is then sent to a lab for testing. People are contacted by their ordering providers with results as soon as they are available.
COVID-19 PCR order by an authorized provider is required. For pre-procedure testing we are accepting patients who are asymptomatic and feeling well. Please contact 907-212-5815, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. No appointment is needed. Registration is required and insurance will be billed for services, when applicable.
- Providence Laboratory Services: 3425 E. Tudor Road; Monday–Friday 6 a.m.–4:30 p.m.; Fax: 907-212-3632
- Providence Health Park: 3841 Piper Street, Suite T211 (Tower S at Providence Alaska Medical Center Campus); Monday–Friday 7 a.m.–6 p.m.; Saturday 7 a.m.-3 p.m.; Fax: 907-212-3632
- Providence Medical Group: 1389 Huffman Park, Monday–Friday 8:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m. (Closed for lunch 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m.) Fax: 907-212-3632
Pre-procedure testing for COVID-19 is available by appointment only through the Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center Specialty Clinic. An order by an authorized provider is required, and patients must register through the Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center. Please call the Providence Kodiak Island Specialty Clinic at 907-486-9580 for questions about pre-procedure testing.
- Providence Kodiak Island Specialty Clinic: 1915 East Rezanof Drive, Monday- Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Order by an authorized provider is required. A written order should be faxed (907-224-8641) or ordered in Epic. Drive-through clinic is for people with symptoms or for pre-procedure testing. To preregister, call 224-5205 to reserve a five-minute time slot. For fisheries employees, contact Seward Community Health Center at 907-224-2273.
- Providence Seward Medical Center: Non-holiday Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, 12-1 p.m.in the parking lot (clinic side, follow the signs and stay in vehicle). Monday for those with procedures on Tuesday and Wednesday; Tuesday’s testing for those with procedures on Thursday; Wednesday for those with procedures on Friday. Please contact the lab to coordinate any testing required for a Monday procedure.
Pre-procedure testing for COVID-19. An order by an authorized provider is required. Registration at the Providence Valdez Medical Center Laboratory is required (based on the provider order) and insurance will be billed for services, when applicable. Please call 907-835-2249 to register once you have the seen/spoken with a provider and the test has been ordered. Providers may fax the order directly to 907-834-1890.
- Valdez Medical Center Laboratory: 911 Meals Ave., Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
About the AuthorMore Content by Providence News Team